Friday 9 February 2007

boredom !!

"Be very careful what you wish for, it might just come true", this saying has never seemed true-er to me because that is exactly what happened!
I used to complain (even though not verbally all the time) as to how I don't have enough time to myself, how I never seem to have solitude. Of course my complaints were not directed to any specific people, they were just those random feelings I would experience when there was so much to do or so many people to cater to. Even though I would spend my time at home most of the days I was home, there were still so many people there, whether parents or brother..or even some friends, sometimes it would feel as if the air supply was being cut off. And I would envisage this picture-perfect life where I lived by myself and did things at my own pace, without having to answer to anyone but myself.
Alas, today I want to take back those words and just get back that old life because here I am, miles away from home with nothing but time (I know I will be taking back what I say now because when I go home,I will, without a doubt, be stuck in a rut of how I need to be alone!).
I have now, time to do things by myself and for myself. Be it reading, or watching a movie, or just sitting in my room and replying to mails which I did not because I was always running behind schedule.
Well, my day as of today has been quite productive! Woke up at a decently early hour, got ready and went for a meeting for some course work, which went off well (surprisingly!), then went to the library and got some material i needed. Met some friends for lunch, got home and completed my pending work.
And now, its 10:00 pm and I have absolutely nothing to do! And so I sit before my computer writting this blog just so I can pass my time and feel sleepy, and just sleep off!
What the hell has my life come to??? I suddenly feel older than my grandparents !!

2 comments:

Sahil said...

well, what can i say?

as human beings, we're naturally a bit fickle. we don't always know what we want, and we don't always like what we have... we're not easy to please! so we get bored with what we've got again and again and again!

perhaps i'm speaking too generally, or looking at the whole thing too simplistically. but then again, it's true that the grass will always be greener on the other side.

but hey, u're not alone! there's a million others like u out there, including yours truly!

surrendering to reality said...

nice...i think ur nt jes talkin abt urslf here..most ppl go thru this 'boredom'...i think its imp to go thru it too...it hlps put a lot of things in perspective..well written...keep writing :)