Sunday 4 March 2007

birthday (un)blues ...!!!

yes ..this post is on birthdays as well ...!!

today (march 5th) happens to be my birthday (which i have been running away from the past few days)...but due to sentimental reasons ..i am compelled to write this blog ...(read on ...!)

I had been dreading my birthday (read the blog titled "birthday blues"..!!) and today i recieved a present which i was (needless to say, wasn't expecting) wishing 4 all my (so-called) adult-life ... A SURPRISE PARTY !!

i thought that my friends back home would be the ones planning and enforcing it ....but it turned out to be the people i least expected it out of ...

for a while i had thought i would call some friends over so that we could have a few drinks and a few laughs nd just be together on my birthday ..but since i hadn't made a formal plan ..last minute (which is this afternoon) everyone said they were either busy or they might drop by 4 a few mins ..or sumthn on those lines ..there was no commitment coming 4m anyone ...

finally ..heartbroken and succumbing to a feeling of 'forsaken-ness'(if that is a word and a feeling !!) ..i decided 2 just give up hope that i wud b having a happy one ..!!

a friend took me to a movie and then dinner ...(the food was just incredible..there are no words that can aptly describe it!!!)..the movie and the dinner seemed to have helped me in forgetting all my sorrows and woes (temporarily) and i had almost forgotten the reason that had depressed me earlier ...after our evening ...we boarded the bus and came home ..it was around 11:15 pm. I wanted to just go home and crash ..cos the thought of being alone on my birthday was beginning to get to me ... (the song "i'm just a kid" by simple plan started ringing in my head) ...anyway ..after stalling and falling asleep some 2-3 times.. at 12 o'clock i finally i bid my friend farewell and he wished me a happy birthday ...i made my way to my room ...("i'm just a kid" playing in repeat mode now!)

the main door leading to my room was unlocked ...i am too much of a pessimist/realist to think that now i will be given a surprise ..i figured someone was either expecting company or someone was having a party (which i wasnt invited to !) ...

feeling as though ive hit rock bottom and it could not get any worse ..i opened the door to my room ..and from the darkness somewhere in the mouse hole that is my room ..i heard the words "SURPRISE" ...!!!

i turned on the lights to find that my room is full of my friends waiting for me to come in and blow out the candles and start celebrating my birthday ...!!!

i dunno how many people can relate to this blog ..but the feeling of them going through the trouble of doing this and arranging it was just so overwhelming that i cannot stop thinking about it ....(there is good in this world afterall!! hehe)

so here's wishing a goodnight to you all and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...!! ( flashing a big-toothy grin!)

3 comments:

Oxymoron said...

:)))
u deserved it..and yusss..surprise parties are the best..hands down!!! here's to many more ahead ;)
lowesss!

shifa said...

hehehehe well its nice to actually read casual blogs and good to hear that u had an amazing time on ur birthday eventually (its really nasty of frnds to actually make us feel sad and depressed the whole day long and den make us feel amazingly happy in the end :P) but anyways cute blog

Anonymous said...

hey..........sooo I AM glad to know that u had such a good time....u surly deserve it....honey...NOW if only someone WOULD give me a "surprise birthday party'....*hint hint* lol....missed u that day..
but ur birthday really got me bad luck..huh....so u owe me a special treat..lol....:)

lov ya..
and happy birthday once again